Signs of Summer:
• Bert leaving at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays to golf.
• Semis getting coolant recharged in front of the shop daily.
• Calvin soaked with sweat from replacing door springs.
• Twice weekly severe storm warnings.
• Ditch mowing tractor getting stuck in wet ditches 20 miles from the shop (it always happens the furthest from home).
• Weekly weeding of landscape in front of the office.
• Alex punishing Jim on the “Adams Loop” bike Ride (Jim attributes this to better equipment on Alex’s part. The more likely cause is Jim’s maturity).
• Overhead shop doors open by 6:30 a.m. to cool the building down.
• Skyline Agrinautics flying 10-15 loads of fungicide from McIntire Interstate Airport, daily.
• Reduced deer sightings! Woo hoo!
I would probably tire of long, hot, muggy days all year round, but if an alternate universe offered that option, I would be tempted.
Next 30-40 days will make our crops. So far, so good.